We have been speaking to the head honchos over at Good Elf, they offer up some useful advice on how to get the most out of your real Christmas Tree, we do not advise this…
How do I get the best out of my tree?
1. Your tree needs water, just like fresh cut flowers your tree can continue to drink water through the capillary action of the bark.
2. Try not to expose your tree to sudden changes in temperature, any gardener will tell you that it’s not a good idea to bring plants in from the very cold to the very warm.
3. Try and position your Christmas tree away from any heat sources such as radiators or spot lights. Heat will dry out your tree faster, so the further from its source the better.
4. Place your tree in plain water - not soil or sand which would block the pores in the bark.
5. Keep the Christmas tree stand topped up with water. Your Christmas tree may drink 2-3 pints (1-2 litres) of water per day, depending on its size.
No comments yet.
Leave a comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.